CACI is looking for a Spacecraft Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Simulation Engineer to work with NASA's human-rated spacecraft systems and spacecraft simulations in support of our Nation’s space exploration initiative at NASA / Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX. Candidates should have great interest in aerospace vehicles and systems, enjoy working with software, have had an outstanding academic career, and most of all, possess a great passion to contribute to our Nation’s exploration of space.
The engineer in this role will identify and present opportunities derived from modeling activities, analyze simulation data to evaluate system characteristics and performance, and support continual enhancements to the simulation architecture. This includes modeling Avionics hardware and the various interfaces needed to support Avionics hardware and infrastructure testing. Tasks can include but are not limited to developing standalone and integrated simulations, GNC models, and avionics models, Core Flight Software simulation data interfaces, and video stream integration.
This position requires a self-motivated, capable person with strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition to outstanding technical expertise, the individual must be very people savvy, strong customer relationship skills, possess a positive team-player attitude, be flexible and willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise. Finally, the most qualified candidate will be an articulate speaker able to communicate complex technical ideas in a convincing manner, must share our passion for our Nation's Space Program, and share in the excitement of developing the next human-rated space vehicles.
More About the Role:
• Design and development of math models and simulation models for spacecraft systems and subsystems including GNC. • Development of real time simulation models. • Analysis of technical documentation. • Validation of the developed models. • Analysis and Documentation of the validation results. • Presentation of conclusions and their assessed impact on spacecraft design to our customers. • Verification and test activities for GNC models.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative.
FOR THIS AND OTHER NASA JOBS PLEASE VISIT OUR CAREER SITE http://careers.caci.com/
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen. B.S. in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or related disciplines required and minimum 3 years of related work experience. • Experience programming in C, C++, and Python. • Experience with Linux. • Experience with Spacecraft GNC. • Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills. • Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision. • Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic. • Must have highly developed coordination and organization skills.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Five+ years of experience developing spacecraft simulation models. • Experience with the NASA / CACI Trick Simulation Environment is highly desirable, but not mandatory. • Project management skills. • Familiarity with the ISS and human-rated spacecraft. • M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Modeling and Simulation, or Graduate level coursework or research involving dynamics and controls, flight/orbital mechanics, GNC, space vehicle systems, or software simulation is a significant plus.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Internal Number: 214629
About CACI International
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune World’s Most Admired Company, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P MidCap 400 Index. CACI’s sustained commitment to ethics and integrity defines its corporate culture and drives its success. With approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, CACI provides dynamic career opportunities for military veterans and industry professionals to support the nation’s most critical missions. Join us! careers.caci.com