Be a leader. Lead people well. Be a collegial team builder with excellent interpersonal skills.
Serve as a role model for leadership, company culture, and values. Grow people and talent, in number and skills
Recruit and hire key talent. Coordinate growth of the practices across the region. Participate in recruiting efforts and integration of new staff.
Grow our stature and revenue with existing clients. Grow our number of clients and revenue with new clients within the geographical area (hereafter referred to as “Area”).
Develop and implement Corporate Strategy within the Area
Assign and direct Client Service Managers for clients within the Area
Directly responsible for managing the marketing and business development budget in the Area
Indirectly responsible for managing the overhead and administrative budget in the Area. Is expected to delegate this responsibility within the Area.
Is expected to focus approximately 70% of time on the Client & Growth, and People & Talent quadrants of the Balanced Scorecard. The remaining 30% will be focused on the Financial & Delivery, and Business Process quadrants
Is expected to develop one or more deputies, from the Local Technical Leaders, who will focus primarily on project delivery. Ideally, the Area Leader will be the Project Manager on few, if any, projects
Hire Local Technical Leaders for Practice Areas that do not currently exist in the Geography. Help the Local Technical Leaders grow the Practice.
Meet assigned Net Revenue, Sales, Profitability and Staff Retention metrics
Work together with other Area Leaders and Executive Team to exchange information and to coordinate on shared responsibilities for meeting corporate strategy goals and annual corporate objectives
Local Technical Leaders will report to the Area Leader.
Will have a personal utilization target in the range of 35-50
Decision-making authority on marketing, business development and strategy decisions in the Area. Go / No Go decision-maker for pursuits in the Area.
Decision-making, in consultation with Technical Practice Leader, on technical and project delivery matters in the Area
Minimum 10 years, preferably more than 15 years, professional experience in A/E/C industry
Prior project, team, or group management experience preferred
Bachelor degree required, in science or engineering preferred. Master degree preferred
For those professions that offer licenses or similar accreditation--such as Professional Engineer—possession of such a license is strongly preferred
Prior experience developing and growing business is strongly preferred
Geographical Areas: An Area Leader will be selected for each of the five existing geographical areas of service for APAI. Suggestions for an additional location will be considered as part of our business development plans.
Oklahoma City, OK
San Antonio & Corpus Christi (One leader to oversee both office locations)
**To apply... Please utilize the following link to apply directly on our APAI website:
ALAN PLUMMER ASSOCIATES, INC. (APAI) has conducted business with quality and integrity for over 37 years. A regional firm founded in 1978 with a vision to uphold environmental stewardship and technical excellence, APAI is committed to serving our clients with distinction and integrity. Today, with nearly 90 employees and four Texas offices in Fort Worth, Dallas, Austin, and Houston, as well as locations in College Station, Texas, and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; APAI continues that commitment.
When it comes to water, we can study it, plan it, model it, design it, permit it, and manage it during construction. Dedicated to water resources and environmental engineering, our firm balances sound engineering principles with innovative technology tailored to our clients’ needs. From initial project kick-off, through stringent QC review, to a completed project, our focus stays on developing cost-effective solutions for our clients.
What sets us apart from other companies is our concern, our clients, and our employees. “It’s the people here that make the difference."- Alan Plummer