Engineering & Design Staff, Other, Upper or Senior Management
Under general supervision, is responsible for the safe, economical operation of County owned and operated sewage treatment plants and lift stations, providing maximum protection against pollution of surrounding waters. Conducts inspection tours of sewage treatment plants, checks daily log of plant activities and schedules repair crews for emergency repairs, normal repairs and preventative maintenance. Inspects new plants to ensure adherence to specifications. Maintains records and reports for County, state and federal agencies. Supervises and performs chemical tests on sewage samples. Utilizes current county-wide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Employees of this classification are required to be available for operational problems, equipment emergencies, widespread storms, power outages and other operations and maintenance emergencies as deemed necessary by management after normal working hours, weekends and holidays. Also, employees in this classification are assigned On-Call duties as required by management.
CERTIFICATE REQUIRED All applicants for this classification must upload a copy of their certificate under the attachment section. This section is used for certificates only. Do not upload any other documents such as references, cover letter, resume, etc.
At the time of application, applicants must:
1. Must possess a class "B" Municipal Waste Water Treatment certificate from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ); AND
2. Have had at least four (4) years of full-time work experience in sewage treatment operations at least one (1) year of which must have been in a crew leader capacity.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before hire date.
4. Pass the complete examination including the employment medical for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.
Must maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license.
Must maintain a license from the MDEQ for operation of class "B" sewage treatment plants.
Additional Salary Information:
Continuous Annual, Benefits after period of time
Internal Number: 2018-72
About Oakland County
County Government Agency providing services to the citizens of Oakland County, Michigan.Award winning and fiscally responsible (AAA Bond Rated) County government agency invites you to begin and advance your career with us as we continue on the path to provide cutting edge services to the communities we serve.We offer a stable work environment, competitive salaries, a full benefits package, growth opportunities and employee training along with generous tuition reimbursement.We recognize that hard work and dedication to the communities we serve are the driving force behind our success, and we continually look for additional ways to build a positive work environment.Join us on our journey to continue to make Oakland County a great place to Live, Work & Play.