The Central Contra Costa Sanitary District, a progressive public utility, is seeking a Maintenance Crew Member I/II. This position will perform a variety of skilled, semi-skilled, and manual work in the construction, repairing, cleaning, locating, and inspection of the wastewater collection system and reclaimed water distribution system.Duties will include operation a variety of light construction equipment and wastewater system cleaning machines.
Eligible to apply for advancement to the level II position ($6,444 -$7,797 per month) after 18 months.
A District application and supplemental questionnaire must be filed by June 8, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. For a detailed job description and application, visit our website at: www.centralsan.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Encouraging Workplace Diversity
Education and Experience:
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
• Two years of general work experience in the construction and maintenance of pipelines, plants, buildings, or the operation of trucks and/or equipment.
Licenses and Certificates:
• Possession of a valid California Class A Driver’s License. Must meet all written, physical, testing, and notification requirements established by the Department of Motor Vehicles.Possession of valid special endorsement to a Class A California Driver’s License to operate trucks with manual transmissions, air brakes, and bulk liquid loads.Newly hired or promoted employees must meet these requirements prior to successful completion of probationary status.A valid out of state driver’s license will be accepted during the application process. Must possess a valid California Driver’s License within 90 days of appointment.
• Possession of a Grade I Collection System Maintenance Certificate issued by the California Water Environment Association Technical Certification Program or must obtain the certificate within the probationary period.
• Successful completion of an approved course as a California Competent Person during the probationary period.
• Successful completion of Cal-OSHA flagger/traffic control certification course within eighteen months of appointment.
Special Physical Requirement:
May be required to enter confined space and/or respond in an emergency.Must be able to wear S.C.B.A. and perform confined space entry and emergency response duties in protective clothing and equipment including S.C.B.A. weighing 32 pounds.