Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to the following: graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or a related field; plus six years of progressively responsible professional experience, to include a minimum of one year of supervisory experience, in the areas of accounting and finance, or related area.
The ideal candidates possesses the following:
- At least ten years of experience with budget, forecasting, revenue analysis, and managing multiple funding streams in a local government or a public utility.
- Experience managing large budgets and/or funds in excess of $50 million.
- At least five years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, with an ability to influence, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience using an ERP and Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- CPA – Certified Public Accountant.
- Master's in business administration.
Duties are generally sedentary and performed in a normal office environment. May require walking, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Ability to carry/lift up to 15 pounds. Visual acuity is required to work on a computer monitor. Ability to operate keyboard driven equipment.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Is required to complete a criminal background check and credit check to the satisfaction of the employer.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Panel interview, may include a written exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.