- Oversee operation of Kline’s Island Wastewater Treatment Plant (KIWWTP) and administer and coordinate all operating contracts. Manage the sewage sludge disposal program in compliance with 40 CFR Part 503 Biosolids Laws and Regulations.
- Assign, train, supervise and evaluate personnel and recommend personnel actions such as employment, promotion, transfer, demotion, retention and salary increases. Plan, assign and review the work of a labor pool of licensed operators and personnel engaged in the operation of a water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Exercise direct authority over all plant operating functions and personnel in accordance with approved policies and procedures with view towards meeting Federal and State standards for wastewater, air, and biosolids quality. Maintain records and prepare reports pertaining to plant operation and procedure, safety training, drills, equipment and related activities.
- Monitor regulatory compliance and participate in regulatory discussions related to the KIWWTP wastewater system. Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory reports including wastewater system reports resulting from the City of Allentown lease. Administer the Risk Management Plan for chlorine mandated by EPA under the 1990 amendments to the Clean Air Act.
- Notify Facilities Support of required maintenance to instrumentation, electrical and mechanical equipment; confer with maintenance personnel to determine priority of repairs and impact on plant performance. Develop plans and procedures to improve and ensure effective and efficient plant operation. Make final decision on, or correction of abnormal plant operations or of scheduling sequential operations of installed equipment.
- Participate in budgetary process to ensure that adequate personnel, supplies, parts and equipment are available for the efficient operation of the plant. Prepare estimates of plant materials and supplies; review and approve, disapprove or revise requisitions for materials and supplies; recommend approvals or disapprovals of purchases based upon the need, efficiency and cost of the product to plant operations.
- Education, Licenses and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related field (preferred). Possession of valid driver’s license as issued by State of Pennsylvania is required. Class A, Sub classification 2 Wastewater System Operators Certificate is preferred.
- Experience: Seven to ten years of professional experience including management of water / wastewater utility operations or projects and budgets, management of department or organization, and regulatory compliance responsibility. Significant and primary knowledge of wastewater services (including wastewater treatment processes, solids handling, collection system maintenance and rehabilitation, laboratory testing, maintenance activities and relevant regulations). Trickling filter experience is highly desired. Experience in a Union environment preferred.
- Computer and Technical Skills: Knowledge and experience using SCADA Control System and proficiency with MS Office Suite is required. Knowledge of GIS and Maintenance Management Software is a plus.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be a strong leader with exceptional written and oral communication skills. Must be detail oriented, have strong analytical skills and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
- Salary history and/or requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
All applicants can check the status of their application by logging on to the myHR Partner web portal at www.myhrpartnerinc.comand logging on to your personal profile in the Job Postings area.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of credit, drug screen, and criminal background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.