The City of Thousand Oaks has an excellent opportunity!
We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative, and committed team player to assist in the operation and maintenance of a Class V advanced tertiary wastewater treatment plant. The Senior Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator must understand the importance of safety and compliance in plant operations and be able to work with considerable independence.
The intent of this recruitment is to staff an immediate need, and create a candidate pool for additional vacancies which may occur at the Hill Canyon Treatment Plant.
- Directs, oversees, and assists team, including scheduling, and verifying work for accuracy, proper work practices, and compliance; assists in training and development of personnel
- Monitors, analyzes, and adjusts all treatment processes within designated parameters; reads plant equipment gauges, charts, dials, graphs, computer screens, meters, SCADA systems, and other instrumentation
- Checks equipment (pumps, valves, motors, blowers, and electric and mechanical drive units) to ensure proper operation; performs regular inspections
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Knowledge and experience in the operation of a Class V advanced tertiary wastewater treatment plant, including operating principles, methods, and techniques
- Understanding of discharge permit compliance, reporting, and recordkeeping
- Initiative and excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage plant personnel and operations
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- 4+ years of increasingly responsible experience in wastewater treatment plant operations
- State of CA Wastewater Treatment Grade III Certificate
- A valid Class C California driver’s license
- Ability to work a 4/10 schedule, and overtime, weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, nights, and be on call as needed
The current opening is day shift (shifts may be changed based on operational needs).
- Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday
- Day shift: 6:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Night shift: 2:00 pm -12:30 am
- Results Oriented
- Customer- Focused
- Problem Solver
- Decision Maker
- Technically Knowledgeable