Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Process Design and Applications Engineering
- Develop preliminary conceptual to detailed process design of industrial and municipal water and wastewater treatment systems.
- Design clarifier systems, sequencing batch reactor’s and membrane systems for ultra-pure processes such as ultrafiltration, reverse osmosis, and membrane bioreactor.
- Develop proposals, cost estimation, technical specifications, vendor and contractor prequalification, procurement/tender support and contract administration.
- Conduct process evaluation, process optimization, general hydraulics calculations and equipment sizing and selection.
- Develop process schematics, PFDs and P&IDs to ensure proper functionality and alignment with project requirements.
- When necessary, provide project management support such as planning, scheduling and budgeting.
- Liaise with customers, qualify technical calls, RFQs and review client’s and project’s specifications and instrumentation.
- Answer technical inquiries from clients, manufacturers, reps and distributors.
- Function in leadership role in managing projects, mentoring future growing team and helping to develop new processes.
- Work closely with leadership and project team as a technical advisor to conceptualize treatment processes and innovation through understanding market trends and emerging issues.
- Create and maintain Bill of Materials for major components, source materials for projects and standard and custom designs and conduct part purchasing as needed.
- Develop cost analysis spreadsheets and ensure projects are within budgets.
- Manage projects in alignment with activities of other mechanical and electrical personnel.
- Participate in kick- off and technical review and post mortem meetings with internal staff and clients.
- Coordinate production, quality control and shipping departments to maintain project timeline.
- Put together work order for production and assist them with scope, technical, quality and other clarifications.
- Ensuring project timelines and deliverables to clients are maintained.
- Develop standards product designs, documentation and specification sheets.
- Assist sales and marketing dept with creation of marketing materials and content, graphics, case studies for catalogs and brochures.
- Establish related QC processes and support mitigation of risk related to projects/technologies.
Requirements and Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience with process selection, water and wastewater system design and optimization, construction and commissioning
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized accredited program
- Advanced knowledge of design and engineering principles and applicable design standards related to water and wastewater engineering (primary, secondary, & tertiary wastewater treatment technologies)
- Strong knowledge of existing and emerging technologies (SBR, MBR, MBBR, RO, and UF), biological nutrient removal and recovery, nitrogen removal technologies, disinfection and reuse
- Knowledge of wastewater system construction practices & principles, startup and commissioning
- Experience with municipal sector and decentralized community treatment facilities with leading edge smaller scale onsite treatment for water re-use is a plus
- Experience to develop a concise project proposal and cost estimates and possess strong technical communication skills
- Potential participation in national and regional conferences, writing technical articles for publications for conferences such as WEFTEC, etc and presenting as speaker or panelist.
- AutoCad experience with 3D CAD and Solid Works modeling
- Any Process model simulation or electrical experience is a plus
- Experience with WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT, OUTLOOK and other computer programs is an asset
- “G” Driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills and team player
We thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment. Interested candidates could send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.