After an extensive strategic planning process, members voted in December 2016 to allow the California Urban Water Conservation Council to sunset so that a refocused and restructured organization can emerge. As a result, the Council will change its name in the first quarter of 2017 to the California Water Efficiency Partnership (Partnership). The Partnership’s office will continue to be located in Sacramento, CA just a few blocks from the capitol.
The Partnership helps California’s water utilities, businesses, and residents achieve water use efficiencies, conserve water, and obtain related economic and ecological benefits that will help California today and tomorrow. In support of this purpose, the Partnership engages in activities that promote water conservation and water efficiency. More particularly, it:
- Conducts and promotes water efficiency-related research and evaluation;
- Serves as a technology, research and program information clearinghouse;
- Provides hands-on tools, training and professional networking opportunities;
- Advances the development of modern data analytics;
- Offers technical advice to its members and to local, state and federal agencies;
- Encourages strategic market interventions to help manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, workforce personnel, and others provide more water-efficient products and services; and
- Identifies and builds on effective collaborations.
The Executive Director (ED) reports to the Board of Directors and has primary responsibility for implementing the broad strategic and policy directives set by the Board. Working with the Deputy Director, the ED has ultimate responsibility for the Partnership’s staffing, operations and fiscal management. Working with staff members, consultants and members, the ED has ultimate responsibility for the initiation and management of programmatic and member services activities. Working with staff, the ED has ultimate responsibility for obtaining additional resources– financial and otherwise–to support the organization’s activities. The full position description can be found at www.CUWCC.org.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com with the subject Executive Director Search. Priority review of applications will begin March 22, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.