Who are we?
SYLVIS is an established residuals management firm that provides professional environmental consulting and operational services to a wide range of clients in both the private and public sectors. SYLVIS exists because we believe that our sustainability is intrinsically linked to our ability to manage our residuals through innovation. For more information on what we do, visit our website at www.sylvis.com.
What will a Project Coordinator do?
Reporting to the Alberta Program Manager, and based in our Edmonton, AB office, your primary focus will be to ensure the smooth, productive implementation of our operational projects. You will be responsible for all aspects of project coordination and will participate directly in field activities. You are someone with a diverse skill set that is extremely well organized and enjoys time in the field. Your typical responsibilities include:
- Project planning and implementation at one or more operational reclamation or residuals recycling projects in Alberta
- Coordination of, and participation in, field activities including environmental sample collection and vegetation management
- Scheduling and supervision of professional / operational contractors, internal resources
- Identification of equipment requirements and coordination of machine operations
- Project status reporting to the Program Manager
- Data tracking and report preparation
- Regular liaison with client representatives
- Preparing and managing safety documentation for operational projects
What do we offer our employees?
We are passionate about what we do and believe in continuous improvement. SYLVIS offers a healthy, dynamic, fast-paced team-orientated work environment, a commitment to ongoing professional development, the opportunity for rapid growth, and a benefits package. SYLVIS emphasizes professional integrity and the highest work quality that continues to exceed our client’s expectations. We believe that our team-based approach to project delivery and problem solving makes us stronger; all employees have a critical role in project delivery and are valued for their unique skill sets. We like to have fun and celebrate our accomplishments and appreciate a nerdy sense of humour.
How to apply?
If you are passionate about residuals and interested in advancing your career, we look forward to hearing from you! Send a cover letter and resume in confidence by e-mail attention John Lavery, RPBio, PAg at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please include a response to the following questions:
- What key skills will you bring to SYLVIS?
- What skills would you like to gain and develop whilst working for SYLVIS?
We are looking to fill this position by spring 2017 in preparation of our operational season. An application submitted by March 10, 2017 is preferred, however the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible as applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.