The Process Analyst I under general direction performs research and testing as directed in support of daily/quarterly and annual goals; provides field support to Process Team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as staff analyst by analyzing effectiveness and efficiency of operations and providing analytical advice on processes.
- Inspects and reviews analytical data for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors daily operational plant processes for efficiency, cost effectiveness, and regulatory compliance.
- Assists with reviews, analysis and research new methods and systems of operation to improve plant performance.
- Monitors in line probes for accuracy and maintenance. Provides probe training to pertinent staff.
- Provide basic technical and analytical advice on physical, biological, and chemical processes in order to maximize wastewater plant operation efficiency and meet permit requirements.
- Develop and support computer programs to allow for data entry, analysis, and permit reporting.
- Participate in communications training programs. Shares information as requested about position and tasks with communications team. As requested, participates in various outreach activities, such as career panels and guided tours.
- Understands our organizational sustainability objectives into daily work and decision making.
- Actively promotes safe behaviors and health awareness at all times in the execution of daily tasks.
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, chemistry, environmental sciences or related engineering or combination of education and experience desired.
- Two (2) years’ related work experience in water or wastewater treatment operations desired.
- Virginia Wastewater Works Operator license a plus.
- Basic research methods of data collection and analysis.
- Wastewater treatment principles and practices.
- Laboratory testing protocols.
- Use of computers and computer software for word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.
- Technical writing.
- Identify, research, troubleshoot and analyze processes and procedures.
- Develop alternatives and recommend strategies to improve reliability and cost-effectiveness of technical processes.
- Establish and maintain high quality service and effective working relationships with Employees, representatives of outside agencies and member of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information in a courteous, efficient and timely manner operate effectively in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee may perform on an occasional to regular basis while performing functions of this job. A detailed Physical Demands Analysis is available in Human Resources and a copy will be provided to all incumbents in this position.
While performing the duties of this job, typical with office work, include lifting up to 48 pounds, and minimal pushing or pulling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Environmental conditions necessitate following strict safety guidelines and use of Personal Protective Equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee performs work indoors in a climate controlled environment, and outdoor on-site evaluations, pilot testing and investigations.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.