The Process QA Coordinator is responsible for all duties associated with the Federal Industrial Pretreatment Program and local Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) program, and responsible for the ambient stream monitoring program. Coordinates with Community Outreach/Education Manager on activities associated with these programs. Supports Chief of Production regarding regulatory affairs management with a focus in the pretreatment and overall water quality arenas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages AlexRenew Industrial Pretreatment Program, including surveys, permitting, inspections, compliance monitoring, reporting and enforcement activities. Oversee development and revisions to Local Limits, ordinances, resolutions, fines and penalty schedules, and compliance agreements. Researches and maintains knowledge of current regulations and standards related to industrial discharges through networking, training, education and research.
- Manages AlexRenew Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) Program, including surveys, permitting, inspections, compliance monitoring, and enforcement activities.
- Supports Community Outreach/Education Manager in public education and outreach activities associated with the protection and stewardship of the conveyance and treatment assets as related to Pretreatment and FOG Programs.
- Oversees AlexRenew ambient stream monitoring program, including general direction and contract management.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with Production, Planning and Engineering, Purchasing, Inventory Control, Public Outreach staff, as well as with general public and technical consultants.
- Monitors and assures quality of chemical additions to treatment process. Reviews and approves raw material QA reports and testing data.
- Performs physical inspection and testing, as required.
- Coordinates needs and data from laboratory.
- Participate in communications training programs. Shares information as requested about position and tasks with communications team. As requested, participates in various outreach activities, such as career panels and guided tours.
- Understands our organizational sustainability objectives into daily work and decision making.
- Actively promotes safe behaviors and health awareness at all times in the execution of daily tasks.
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, chemistry, environmental sciences or related engineering desired; Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Five (5) years’ experience with a focus on advanced wastewater treatment and reclamation process development or optimization, development of operational cost models preferred. Experience with the Federal Industrial Pretreatment Program a plus. Experience with an ambient stream/river monitoring program a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in compliance role with the business community.
- Ability to read, understand, apply and explain highly technical documents associated with State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public, co-workers, supervisors and partner agencies.
- Knowledge of statistics and analytics.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A detailed Physical Demands Analysis is available in Human Resources and a copy will be provided to all incumbents in this position.
While performing the duties of this job, typical with office work, include lifting up to 48 pounds, and minimal pushing or pulling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Environmental conditions necessitate following strict safety guidelines and use of Personal Protective Equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment, with occasional outdoor trips between buildings and for taking water samples as required.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.