Provide operations and maintenance support to the NY Service Area more specifically Long Island in Nassau and Suffolk counties.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Perform critical testing of facility operations, such as pH, dissolved oxygen, chlorine, etc. in order to monitor system condition.
- Maintain complete accurate; legible records of all phases of facility operations
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible records of all equipment and plant maintenance.
- Perform general preventative maintenance on treatment plan equipment such as blower oil, filter and belt changes, pulling and inspecting submersible pumps, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly written operating reports, based on facility’s operation and/or maintenance records for the client, employer or regulatory agency as required.
- Inform Supervisor in a timely manner of plant problems, upsets, plant expansion, repairs, etc.
- Work conscientiously and be aware of safety hazards.
- Participate in 24 hour on call rotation.
- Be prepared to discuss in a professional manner the plant operations with employer, client, visitors or regulatory personnel.
- Collect required samples, log in samples correctly and accurately and submit samples to laboratory and review results to ensure permit compliance.
- Operate plants to meet all regulatory guidelines and responsibilities.
- Assist maintenance personnel with pump, blower, motor, valve, etc., removal.
- Maintain accurate records for gasoline, mileage, time sheets, expenses, etc.
- Work scheduled weekends and occasional holidays for assigned route.
- Project a positive image to operators, clients, regulatory agencies, engineers, etc.