The Manager - Service Center is responsible for supervising construction and maintaining the integrity of the water distribution, water production, wastewater collection systems, and recycle pump stations. Responsible for extensive collaboration within and outside the organization in conflict resolution and ongoing development of construction standards, specifications and emergency and preventive maintenance practices.
- Supervises, selects, develops, trains and evaluates personnel.
- Forecasts, allocates, and monitors the human, physical and financial resources for the assigned area.
- Provides technical and functional guidance to various departments, divisions, governmental agencies, vendors, and manufacturer representatives concerning materials, supplies, equipment, water and wastewater system design, maintenance and repair.
- Applies water and wastewater principles, practices, theories, laws, procedures and terminology.
- Develops, organizes, and implements complex technical and operational plans.
- Develops measures to analyze and improve division's overall efficiency.
- Recommends and implements division policies and procedures.
- Facilitates interdepartmental teamwork.
- Trains and mentors other employees.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and public relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position receives general direction.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater principles, practices, theories, laws, procedures and terminology.
- Skill in using word processing, spreadsheet, database, computerized maintenance management system, and related software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external staff and customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Working conditions are in an office environment with occasional field visits. Field environment working conditions include frequent exposure to inclement weather; wastewater; mechanical, electrical, chemical and confined space hazards; offensive fumes; excessive noise; heavy traffic; deep excavations; and animals, snakes and poisonous insects. Operates a company vehicle on a daily basis.
May be required to work hours other than the regular schedule such as days, nights, weekends, holidays, on-call and rotating shifts.